WHY WE CARE. AND WHY YOU SHOULD.
Awareness and education are frontline warriors in the eternal campaign to keep loved ones safe. Exciting Windows! by Colleen knows it’s not enough to simply produce and offer products that meet that goal; we want to partner with you to make smart, informed choices for your home and your family. From inspiration to purchase.
The challenge. Window treatment cords present a potential strangulation hazard to young children and pets.
Accidents with window treatment cords often involve older products that do not conform to current safety standards. We strongly encourage you to retrofit or replace corded window treatments with current safer designs in accordance with the recommendations of the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) and the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Council (CPSC) who advocate that only cordless window coverings be used in homes with small children.
WE SUPPORT AND PROMOTE THE FOLLOWING SAFETY CHECKLIST IN CONJUNCTION WITH WCSC AND CPSC:
- Move all furniture, cribs, beds and climbable surfaces away from windows.
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children.
- Check your current window treatments for exposed or dangling cords. To order a free retrofit kit for older window treatments, contact the Window Covering Safety Council directly: 1-800-506-4636, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.windowcoverings.org.
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are as short as possible. Continuous-loop pull cords on draperies and vertical blinds should be pulled tight and anchored to the floor or wall.
- Be sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit inner-cord movement.
- Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children.
CHOICES, CHOICES, CHOICES
As a leader in cordless innovation, Exciting Windows! by Colleen ensures style and peace of mind work hand-in-hand. In each of our collections, there are smart options that enhance the safety of window treatments to help protect your children and pets.
Cordless products are the #1 choice of both design pros and safety councils. Why? Beautiful form, beautiful function.